“Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO and Founder of Amazon
In the public relations and marketing world, your brand means everything. You might be asking yourself, “is it really that big of a deal?” or, “does it truly make an impact?” and the answer is absolutely. According to the Business Dictionary, branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers. Without a brand that encompasses your company’s vision and mission, you will face many challenges building your following and growing your business.
Here’s a breakdown of why branding is important and how to step-up your game to rise above your competition:
How to Build a Brand
• Determine your brand’s target audience: A common mistake that many companies make is directing their efforts to the wrong audience. Take the time to dig into who your audience market is and create your content accordingly.
• Establish your brand’s mission statement and vision: It is mission critical to nail down what your company mission and vision statements are. They are the backbone of your organization and need to ring true to who you are and what you’re about.
• Create a logo and tagline: Create a logo and tagline that encompasses your mission and vision statement. This will be what sticks in your audience’s mind when they think or talk about your brand.
• Form your brand voice: Each brand is unique and has their own tone. Whether it’s humorous, factual, casual or anything in between, figure out what your voice is and incorporate that into all of your materials.
• Stay true to your brand: In today’s world, it’s all about consistency. You want your brand to be familiar and recognizable at all times.
Live and Breathe Your Brand
Now that you have the basics down, it’s time to implement!
• Write like you talk: In all of your content and deliverables, you want to relay information to your audience like they are your friends. Be direct and to the point while showing off your unique voice.
• Listen and respond: Speed is the name of the game. People want instant satisfaction, so be sure that you are accessible to your audience and engaging with them whenever possible. The more you engage with them, the more their loyalty will grow.
• Connect with your followers: A word to the wise: fit the needs of your followers. Too often, company’s get caught up in what they think their audience wants to hear or see instead of what they know their audience wants. At the end of the day, happy customers create a happy business.
Ready, Brand, Go
Branding takes a lot of TLC and it can be overwhelming to find your sweet spot, we totally understand that. That’s why we are here to help you nail down what your company is truly about and how to relay that to your followers. Ready to create your brand and knock out the competition? Let’s get after it!