DIVING INTO THE DIGITAL DEEP END
Online digital marketing is promoting your business using internet-based technologies such as cell phones, computers, and other media/platforms. The world of digital marketing is booming, and WildRock is right there to help you dive in headfirst!
A common misconception that we come across is that personal use of digital marketing platforms (especially social media) translates easily to using these same platforms for business. In order to see success, it pays to have an expert by your side. Digital marketing trends evolve at the speed of light; to keep up, you need a foundational knowledge of marketing paired with judgment to think critically, act independently, and be fiercely creative as trends move forward.
Digital marketing offers a variety of ways to grow your business. It allows for focus on the customer by cultivating personal connections and building your marketing strategy around them. Learning about your consumers and tailoring your marketing approaches encourages customer loyalty and centers the target audience. Building a sustainable marketing plan to determine the framework for long term growth is possible with digital marketing. Understanding which approaches are successful and why they are working is crucial for launching data-driven business strategies for the future.
With online digital marketing, you can tell the story behind your business. Storytelling promotes the human components of your brand and fosters deeper relationships. It encourages customer engagement through relatable experiences and establishes approachability as a brand.
Additionally, digital marketing can increase traffic to your website by providing opportunities for consumers to find your digital brick and mortar. It can optimize your conversion rate through learning what makes customers want to interact more with your brand. Ultimately, it will help you get discovered by boosting your online presence to increase your audience.
Explore Your Options
Chances are, if you’re a business owner, you are already doing some form of digital marketing. However, some approaches are more familiar than others. Below is a list of the most common types of digital marketing efforts.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – acquiring quality traffic from organic search results by enhancing content for search engines and proliferating relevant traffic that will grow over time.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – increasing visibility in web searches through paid methods.
Content Marketing – focusing on creating and distributing valuable and relevant content for a specific audience.
Social Media Marketing – attracting traffic and attention using social media platforms by increasing exposure and building relationships with customers.
Pay-per-click advertising – paying a fee every time people click on your ads. Purchasing visits to your website as opposed to getting them organically.
Affiliate Marketing – partnering with a person/influencer to generate traffic to your business. This person receives a commission every time a sale is made through an external link to your website.
Email Marketing – promoting products or services while building a relationship and encouraging brand interaction through email.
Instant Messaging Marketing – a new trend in communication providing information via messenger apps that promotes a personalized experience and builds trust with customers.
Find Your Digital Team
Perhaps you’re just dabbling with the idea of incorporating some of these approaches into your marketing strategy. Maybe you’ve mastered a few forms of digital marketing but want to explore more options. At WildRock, we’ve studied the ins and outs of digital marketing, and we would love to come alongside you and navigate your strategies to uniquely benefit your company. We offer custom digital marketing packages that will optimize your business goals without the pressure of taking it on alone.
We’re up to date on the current trends in digital marketing at WildRock, too! We’re so excited about them, we’re going to tell you about some of the latest and greatest developments. There may just be a few tactics you need to boost your online digital marketing strategy.
- Conversational Marketing – providing one-on-one, real-time connection between marketers and customers creating an enhanced user experience.
- Personalization – taking the generalities out of advertising by individualizing content, products, and emails for a more customer-focused interaction.
- Video Marketing – using the compelling nature of video content to subsequently drive organic search results.
- Influencer Marketing – authenticating your brand using this “word-of-mouth” approach focusing on using social personalities to endorse your product or service.
- Chatbots – offering 24/7, prompt, accurate, and patient customer service through AI instant messaging.
- Social Commerce and Shoppable Posts – reducing the risk of customers abandoning their purchase to switch apps or sign-in to an unknown store and encouraging higher conversion.
- Interactive Content – applying dynamic content that provides a more immersive experience by including trends like quizzes, polls, calculators, AR, 360 videos, etc.
- Omnichannel Marketing – using marketing strategies across multiple platforms to connect with a wider audience with a unified brand message.
- Geo-fencing – targeting users based on their real-time location.
- User-Generated Content – encouraging audiences to share content by providing an incentive or joining with them for a good cause to improve engagement and drive conversion rates.
The best part is…there’s more! There are so many different approaches to digital marketing, one size does not fit all. The good news is WildRock is here to assist you in discovering which methods will work best for your business based on your current marketing strategies and goals. Be sure to check out our Digital Boost offering and contact us with any questions!